If you would like to donate to the Banchory Men’s shed, firstly, thank you very much. We have a myriad of ways for you to help!
Amazon Smile – Do you shop at Amazon? Did you know Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchases value to Banchory Men’s Shed? You just need to use “Amazon Smile”
To do this, go to the Amazon Smile start page for the Banchory Men’s Shed. This is:
Or just go to smile.amazon.co.uk and select your chosen charity.
First time through you will be asked to confirm your login details as normal, but after that if you alays go to the Amazon Smile page (bookmark it) instead of your normal Amazon start page, then BMS will received 0.5% of your pre-VAT purchase price.
You will be asked whether you want to install the “Amazon Assistant” to “make the most of Amazon Smile”. We suggest you decline to install it unless you familiarise yourself first with its privacy aspects. We can vouch that the site works perfectly well without using “Amazon Assistant”.
Once you have logged in via Amazon Smile, the rest of your shopping experience is identical with your normal Amazon shopping, just that you will also be helping us. Thank you!
Shed Phase 2 Funding progress
Provided by CoolFundraisingIdeas.net
Amount raised towards Phase 2 Shed Premises (Social Area), fitting-out, VAT etc.
(Updated 5th Aug 2018)
Tesco Bags of Help – Banchory Men’s Shed scheme ended on 30th June 2018. Thanks for your help – please continue to support the other charities currently in the scheme.
Paypal – Donations can be sent via Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Paypal Giving button below
Donate via secure Paypal (you do not need a Paypal account)
Items For Sale – You can help BMS’s funds by Buying or Donating items for sale – see our For Sale page
Just Giving – Our “Just Giving” page is no longer.
Thanks to our Sponsors and Donors
We would like to express our deepest appreciation for all funding and sponsorship offers, both received and yet to come.
To date we have received generous donations either of direct funding or of services and plenty of interest and encouragment from the following, in alphabetical order. We are adding dates as of the web site update 20 May 2018 – lack of a date just means it was before we started noting grant dates:
- Amazon Smile (May 2018 on)
- Banchory Accordion and Fiddle Club
- Banchory Farmer’s Market donors
- Banchory branch of Legion Scotland
- Banchory Round Table (April 2016)
- Bancon Group
- Alexander Burnett MSP
- Chalmers Bakery, Staff and Customers
- The Corra Foundation – Duncan Henry Grants (March 2018)
- David Thomson (Sept 2018)
- Developer Obligations Team, Aberdeenshire Council (July 2018)
- LEADER funding – “First Stage” approval (Jan 2018) – full application in progress
- Marr Area Partnership Initiative Grant Scheme (Jan 2018)
- McColls, Banchory, Staff and Customers (March 2016)
- McIntosh Plant Hire
- Mearns Academy, Laurencekirk (April 2016)
- Gerry Robb Architectural Services (2015 to current date)
- Scotmid Community Connect award (Dec 2017)
- Studio Park Ltd (for the Men’s Shed logo) (2015)
- Tesco Bags of Help (2018)
There have also been a number of individual donations. Apologies if we have left anyone out but unfortunately it’s not always possible to keep up with everyone.
Thanks also to Paul Evans for his “sterling” work 😉 in applying for a number of these grants.
(Page updated 2nd October 2018)